The development of VetkinTape® veterinary kinesiology tape was possible thanks to our own production possibilities. THYSOL teamed up with veterinary professionals to develop a special tape for animals, giving the same results as CureTape®, but then exclusively for animals. We have the human as well as the veterinary knowledge and expertise at our own R&D facilities.
What is VetkinTape® veterinary kinesiology taping?
In most of the cases the results obtained with using CureTape® can also be obtained with animals. Veterinary kinesiology tape needs to be slightly different due to the differences in skin/hair, muscles structure and anatomy. Furthermore, we see differences in diagnosed problems and in the frequency of occurrence. All these factors were taken into consideration when developing this new innovative veterinary kinesiology tape. The result is VetkinTape®; a tape that sticks well and gives the maximum results for animals.
Features of VetkinTape®
VetkinTape® differentiates compared to human kinesiology tapes available on the market
- VetkinTape® has more adhesive strength
- 145% stretch flexibility of the tape
- Thicker than human kinesiology tape
- High-quality product, free from medication
- Skin friendly and latex free
- Normal adherance for several days
- VetkinTape® comes in various formats being; 3cm, 6cm and 10cm
- Colours: Blue, Black, Orange and Red.
In practice we have seen that VetkinTape® can be used to assist in:
- Injured muscles – VetkinTape® lifts the skin from the underlying tissues. This can effect of reducing pain, promoting circulation, assisting in the reduction of any swelling and enhancing the blood flow to the injured muscle.
- Biomechanical dysfunction – VetkinTape® can provide support or stability without restricting the range of motion.
- Postural dysfunction – VetkinTape® can improve the proprioceptive feedback to the area thereby assisting in the retraining of muscles that maintain correct posture.
It doesn’t necessarily make a horse’s performance better than at baseline, but it can improve endurance as the increased circulation can assist to improve the supply of oxygen to muscles and with the removal of the lactic acid. It can also improve recovery time after intense training sessions or races, as the increased circulation assists in the removal of waste products.
Medical Taping can be used either as a sole or as an adjunctive treatment in equine therapy throughout the rehabilitation process. Continue reading about appliances of equine kinesiology tape >>
Where to buy VetkinTape®?
More and more veterinary professionals choose to use VetkinTape® veterinary kinesiology tape as an adjunctive treatment. VetkinTape® can be easily purchased in our shop.
Note: Please note that the specified tape applications and information on our website about the opportunities in the Medical Taping Concept, have not yet been scientifically proven. The statements and examples cited are based on long term experiences of patients and skilled therapists.