The accredited IASTM course aims to demonstrate safe and effective use of IASTM tools, relevant to treating the fascia. Instrumented Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation (IASTM) – Treatment using ergonomically designed tools made of high-quality stainless steel.
What will you learn during the IASTM course?
On the course you will be provided with a course manual to compliment your learning. This manual will cover the theory and research behind each modality as well as up-to-date research on the fascial system itself. You will also learn a range of treatment applications for each modality, as well as get plenty of time to practice and ask questions. The full breakdown of the course can be seen overleaf.
Upcoming course dates
When: Sunday 14 March, 2021.
Seats: 4 out of 10 seats left
Where: Surf Air Hotel, 923 David Low Way, Marcoola Queensland 4564, Australia (5 minutes from the Sunshine Coast Airport).
IASTM course summary
- Duration: 1 day
- Timetable: from 9.00 am to 17.30 pm.
- Course fee: $199
- Colour printed course manual,
- Who can attend:
- Sports/massage therapists
- Personal (fitness) trainers
- Other health professionals
- 8 CME/CPD points
- Medical and anatomy experience/background
“We have enjoyed working with various fascia techniques for many years. However, this course provides a huge addition to our existing treatments. In particular the new IASTM treatment method. It is a great asset.”
Marion & Willeke – Physio centre Meander
- Intro: What is fascia and what do we know so far?
- Anatomy of the cell
- Tensegrity model
- Why to treat fascia? (fascia connection and force transmission)
- How to treat fascia? (different methods)
- IASTM background
- How to assess fascia
- How to feel fascia with IASTM tools
- Assessment and protocol
- Practical part
How to integrate instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization into your treatment of
- lower leg and foot
- upper leg and pelvis
- Shoulder and arm
FASCIQ® IASTM therapy:
- A flexible and well-maintained, healthy fascial network.
- Improved tissue perfusion.
- Improved range of motion.
- Mobilization of the soft tissue.
- Loosening of adhesions in the connective tissue.
- Treatment of trigger points.
Our FASCIQ® IASTM course instructor
“Jochem has been working as an instructor since 2008. In the beginning he mainly instructed on courses in the Middle East and now also internationally (Australia, the Netherlands, rest of Europe). In Jochem you will find an enthusiastic instructor who loves interaction, is enthusiastic and who can appreciate a bit of humor during the course.”
Jochem van der Hoeven
International FASCIQ® IASTM course instructor
Apply for a course
Receive a temporary $25 discount today. Only a few spots left!