Looking for information about kinesiology tape (also known as kinesiotape or elastic therapeutic tape)? THYSOL is an authority in the field of kinesiology taping and wants to share that knowledge with you. Learn more about kinesiology taping by attending one of our MTC® kinesiology taping courses or contacting us on 0411129759.
Looking for kinesiotape, but you do not know where to start researching? The most important factor is vaue for money. THYSOL Australia is manufacturer and exclusive reseller of CureTape®. CureTape® Europe’s number one kinesiotape for Professionals and is being produced in our own factory and that is why THYSOL Australia can offer kinesiology tape at wholesale prices and at the same time guarantee the high quality of our product CureTape®.
Elastic therapeutic tape was developed in the 1970s in Japan. The method originated from the principles of the ‘Kinematics’ known under the English term ‘Kinesiology’. Kinesiology as a form of therapy utilises muscle testing in order determine where the muscle ROM (Range of Motion) or balance is disturbed in the body and how to restore the muscle balance back to normal function. Created in Japan this therapy was later practiced and expanded upon in Korea. It was discovered that by making use of elastic tape by the kinesiologist’s, a faster recovery of the muscle balance was achieved.
Prior to applying kinesiology tape the muscles and joints are positioned in a stretched position, and then the tape is affixed to the skin, allowing a full range of motion. When the body comes back into a relaxed position, the tape lifts the skin slightly. Beneath the tape small corregations can be seen called ‘convolutions’.
Convolutions create space between the epidermis and dermis (Interstitial space) where many kinds of receptors, nerves, blood and lymph vessels are located. In the upper layer of the skin (the superficial fascia) 85% of the pain sensors are located. By taping this way the pain dampening or analgesic affect is activated. Pain is alleviated or disappears completely allowing the patient to move more freely restoring normal muscle function. Results are immediately noticeable during this form of treatment by the therapist.
Kinesiology tape can be used for many and various injuries and complaints. It accelerates the self-healing ability of the body, provides support, stability and allows full ROM. The kinesioly taping now forms part of a ‘Gold Standard’ treatment of any related health care professional. Kinesiotape can be used throughout the entire healing process.
Kinesiotape can be used for various applications. It is very important for Physiotherapists, other health professionals and their patients, to have access to information regarding kinesiology taping. Below you will find articles that have direct application to your practice.
“I am using CureTape, a kinesiology tape that convinced me from the beginning because my clients tolerate it on the skin until it comes off by itself, even up to 2 weeks. CureTape is easy to take off and also easy to apply for those who feel confident to use it at home. I haven’t seen any skin irritation, not even complaints about an uncomfortable feeling. The general response of my customers is very positive, they feel the support of the kinesiotape for muscles and joints and the release of tension and pain.”
– Martina Link, Balance Your Life clinic
Kinesiotape is available in various colours. THYSOL offers CureTape® in up to 9 different colours; Beige, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Red, Pink, White and Black.
Additionally, there are also various kinesiology tape with designs available through our CureTape® Art product range.
Extensive range of sizes of kinesiology tape
THYSOL also offer a range of different sizes of tape. Kinesiotape in general comes in rolls 5 meters long and 5 cm in width. Additionally, THYSOL also offers bulk rolls (CureTape® Giant) of 31.5 meters long and CureTape® Classic available in widths: 1, 2, 5 or 7.5 cm.
- Always make sure to be stuck to the skin is clean, dry and free of grease.
- It is always advisable to stick the kinesiotape on the “bare skin”. A hairy skin sticky tape less and late (so) quicker release. Since the kinesiotape must be removed, it is recommended to remove the hair. Razor blades are thereby not recommended since there earlier wounds can be caused by shaving.
- The achievement of the paper tape is easiest if one cut piece of tape with the cotton side keeps to itself and the finger is on the upper side.
- It is also possible to tear the paper first (in a number of techniques, it is recommended that even this emphatically.
- The base and the armature of the kinesiotape are always applied without stretching.
- Base and anchors the kinesiotape will always be clipped around the tape thus remains better and longer.
- Avoid folds in the tape or in the skin under the tape, in areas with folds easily cause blisters.
- If the kinesiotape was built, light and prolonged rubbing warm for optimal adhesion.
- The kinesiology tape adheres better if the material is warmer, therefore be careful application of heat to areas of skin with tape (for example, do not blow dry).
- Sometimes there is short-term (10 to 20 minutes) itching under the tape. This is no problem. Itching or irritation that lasts longer than half an hour, the kinesiology tape must be removed.
- The kinesiology tape must be removed carefully. Easy is it for example to do under the shower by the application making quite wet, tightening the skin and tape from top to bottom of the skin roll down and compromising the skin with the fingers on rack. The best way to remove the tape is painlessly through the use of an oil (baby oil). Oil acrylic adhesive dissolves. It is also possible to sprinkle the tape-application with Sterilium whereby the adhesive layer also dissolves.
- There can cause skin irritation and blisters occur when the kinesiotape is removed careless mistake, but also by application of the tape. Too much strain can cause irritation and blisters.
- To get as many “convolutions” (visible ripples on the kinesiology tape by the lifting effect of the skin), you can bring out the best skin to stretch and apply the tape with minimal strain.
- The therapeutic tape can be used only in the length. If smaller tapes are required, (e.g. for children), the width of the tape need to be trimmed.
- By treating the skin before taping with 3M Cavilon Barrier Film spray can prevent possible skin irritation. the adhesive strength of the tape also increases so that the kinesiotape can be worn for longer. It is always advisable to tape to the skin to be treated with this spray.
With its own team of teachers, THYSOL has developed and run 15,000 MTC® kinesiology taping courses world-wide to date. These are known and offered through the MTC® (Medical Taping Concept) brand.
THYSOL authority in kinesiology taping
As one of the foundation companies THYSOL introduced kinesiology taping to the medical market in Europe. CureTape® is produced in our own factory in Korea and meets the highest quality standards. CureTape® is registered as a Class 1 medical product and is annually tested by TUV Rhineland.
Medical Taping has proven its critical role in healing in physiotherapy practices accross Europe. A study in 2014 concluded that 71% percent of the Physiotherapy practices in the Netherlands use kinesiology taping. Kinesiology taping is second only to general Physiotherapy which is the most commonly used therapy among healing modalities.
THYSOL (c/o Zebra Lymphatic) now supplies and distributes CureTape® in Australia. Since 1998 CureTape® is has been produced in our own factory in South Korea. Because we manage the production process itself in our own facilities, we can guarantee the highest quality end product to our customers.
- High product quality
- No additional medications used in manufacture
- Elastic cotton tape with a stretchability of 130 to 140% (attributes similar to the human skin)
- Air and water permeable but resistant to water (showering, swimming)
- 100% hypoallergenic acrylic adhesive layer, arranged according to a wave pattern and activated under the influence of body heat
- CureTape® can adheres for several days
- Taping is active treating patients 24 hours a day
Physiotherapists, health clinics and other health professionals often ask, if they can test CureTape®. THYSOL Australia understands that switching brands of kinesiology tape is not a daily matter. Therefore THYSOL Australia has developed a CureTape® sample pack for you to make a well-informed business decision.