This paediatric kinesiology taping course is a comprehensive practical training course, designed to show how the elastic therapeutic taping can be used as sole treatment modality or together with and complementing other therapeutic interventions.
Upcoming course dates
- Duration: 2 days
- Timetable: from 9.00 am to 17.00 pm.
- Colour printed course manual,
- Who can attend:
- Paediatric physio therapists
- Occupational therapists working with children
- Medical and anatomy experience/background
“I have experienced the course as very educational and applicable. The teacher was very enthusiastic and managed to carry this to the attending therapists. I see it as a great addition to my physical therapy treatment.”
Vera Hovenier – Physio therapist at physio therapy clinic Pro-F
- Theoretical background and rational.
- Anatomy & physiology skin, fascia and dermatomes.
- Indications and contraindications.
- Theory behind the basic techniques.
- Clinic: practicing various basic techniques in upper and lower extremities in both orthopaedic & neurological disorders, pain and post-traumatic symptoms.
- Clinic: taping babies & toddlers.
- Clinic: trunk tape applications (mini tapes)
- Applications focussed on neurological disorders.
- Applications for organ-related disorders.
- S-tape, TA –tape, cross patch & other specific applications with cases examples. Opportunity to contribute your own cases.
- Course closure, evaluation and certificate.
Our MTC -1 kinesiology taping course – instructor
“Esther de ru is a semi-retired paediatric physiotherapist (cert. in EI, Vojta, NDT-Bobath, SensoryMotor therapy) with her own company called GoPhysio allowing her to remain available as a consultant, developer, author and instructor worldwide. Her main areas of interest are: research and post- graduate teaching in the paediatric field specifically: elastic therapeutic taping, Bindegewebsmassage (German CTM method) and scoliosis treatment. She is a member of the SOSORT and the ESEI both international organisations looking into best evidence/practice in our profession. Through active participation in physiotherapy forums on Facebook and LinkedIn she has been busy exchanging knowledge in the paediatric field during this past decade. She chaired the Cie Practice of the IOPTP from 2011-2015.
Since 2009 she has developed various specialized taping courses for Speech language therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and other related allied health professionals. The courses are run through her own company and in conjunction with a number of companies, Universities and Clinics in a various countries.”
Esther de Ru
International taping instructor